EPCwin - professional embroidery software
Professional working like never before
The creation of embroidery design data for different embroidery processes still is one of the greatest challenges in professional embroidery. In this area, the unique and modular software EPCwin sets completely new standards regarding functionality and user friendliness.
Whether badges, logos, appliqués, haute couture designs, table cloths, curtains, all over or chemical lace embroidery is required, EPCwin features all program steps ranging from designing, drawing and punching up to editing. The user is optimally supported and navigated through all work steps and can thus work quickly and efficiently.
EPCwin is joint development of ZSK – Germany’s leading manufacturer of embroidery machines – and GiS – specialist for embroidery software. You thus benefit from more than 20 years of experience and concentrated know-how.
EPCwin is compatible with all conventional formats from a variety of sources, such as scanner, internet, ClipArt images etc. Useful functions are available to prepare an image. Pictures which are scanned in parts can for example be merged to a complete image exactly and effectively.
Functions specifically developed for embroidery drawing allow contours to be created precisely irrespective of the image quality. Alternatively, vector files of other drawing programs can be imported. Drawing exact contours is the basis of high quality embroidered designs.
- Free from curves
- Parallels from free form curves
- Geometric figures such as circle, ellipse etc.
- Determining stitch directions
- Free editing of all line reference points
- Easy selection of objects by surrounding with the cursor
- Editing selected objects by rotating, resizing, mirroring, copying and moving – graphically or numerically
- Special management options for saving and loading drawing elements
- Integrating TrueType fonts as contours for monograms
- Extensive auxiliary functions including grid, help lines, remarks etc.
- Automatic repeating based on head and needle selection
The user has access to various techniques for the efficient production of stitch data.
Punching directly on the image:
Recommended as a time saving procedure is the image already contains forms that meet embroidery requirements. The contours are created in conjunction with automatic punch programs.
Use of existing drawing lines:
EPCWIN drawing lines or imported drawing data from other drawing programs can be selected when punching. By shortening, lengthening, linking and supplementing these lines when integrating them, the user’s options are endless.
Combination of both techniques:
Punching directly on the image as far as possible – in difficult areas of the design, use of the drawing functions followed by acceptance of the lines.
EPCwin supports all common special functions, such as color change, thread trimming, sequin, head selection etc. for multi head embroidery machines as well as single needle selection, repeat & colour change, boring etc. for Shuttle embroidery machines. The system impresses with its brilliant graphic repeat and color change, boring etc. for Shuttle embroidery machines. The system impresses with its brilliant graphic repeat and color representation, especially when compley designs require head and single needle selection.
EPCwin provides an incomparable and infinite range of automatic embroidery programs. By means of the autorouting function, the program independently selects the most effective way between the beginning and the end of an object. Quality is controlled by way of precise embroidery parameters.
- Automatic stitch density adjustment according to stitch length
- Exactly controllable pull compensation
- Stitch shortening at corners and tight curves
- Short long rule to avoid thread breaks
- Various corner types in all satin stitch programs
- Exact automatic underlayers in numerous variations
- Free start and end point
- Controllable stitch density adjustment based on object, stitch type or the entire design
- Correction and adjustment of contours and stitch directions
- Rearrangement of the embroidery order by means of the film strip function
- Modification and exchange of program parameter sets
- Cutting out, inserting and managing design parts
- Rotating, mirroring, enlarging, resizing design parts with optimum stitch density adjustment
- Pictogram directories for multi head and shuttle
EPCwin offers a convenient and clearly structured design manager for both embroidery machine systems. The image, drawing, reference and stitch data are stored in an archive for each design. In addition to the pictogram directory, the text directory allows the user to search for and select specific motifs quickly.
Stitch data can loaded and saved in all conventional machine codes
- For multi head machines: ZSK, Tajima, Barudan, Melco etc.
- For shuttle machines: Lässer, Saurer, Hiraoka, ZSK
EPCwin Keyboard Shortcuts: Download
By networking EPCWIN and ZSK multi head embroidery machines or other systems, a direct data transfer is possible.