Digitizing Software - BasePac and EPCwin Product Comparison
What is embroidery software needed for?
Embroidery machines have their own computer that can read embroidery files in special formats. These are sent to the machine via network or USB. The digitizing software is required to display stitch data on a normal computer and, if necessary, convert them into a suitable embroidery format. However, the machine can neither read image nor drawing data (jpg, .svg, .ai, etc.). Here a special software is needed to translate these file formats into stitch data (stitches).
When choosing a software package, a distinction is made between pure processing on the one hand, and viewing existing stitch data and the creation of complex designs from image or drawing files on the other hand. The latter is also called "digitizing".
What means "digitizing"?
The profession of punching/digitizing has a long tradition and goes back to the time when embroidery patterns were realized on the machine by using punch cards. These punch cards contained information about the direction and length of each stitch. The pre-drawn design had to be punched stitch by stitch onto punch cards, similar to the technique used in jacquard weaving. What used to be very labour intense created by hand on a so-called punch board by the puncher, is now done by CAD systems based on vector lines or image files and pre-defined parameters. The task of the puncher is therefore to define the contours, determine stitch types and set sequences.
Benefit from the advantages of ZSK software
- Automatic change between the different technologies of ZSK combination machines
- Machine settings, such as presser foot height, can already be programmed in the design
- Automatic start-up of the individual heads on multi-head machines for large designs that exceed the embroidery field size
- Operation of the ZSK additional units such as twin-sequin, HAC (Hot Air Cutting), etc.
ZSK also offers
- Training and support by local representatives or ZSK employees
- Become part of the ZSK family. Benefit from an exclusive MY.ZSK access and find out about new functions including detailed instructions as well as tips and tricks on current topics.
The high-end solution especially for large digitizing departments in the field of fashion, home textiles and classic finishing. EPCwin also offers special features for smart textiles and technical embroidery. Further application options for our OPS2 camera solution and thread cone matching have also been implemented.
We recommend professional training in order to be able to take full advantage of the extensive functions of the program.
- CAD solution for technical embroidery
- Highly professional digitizing software for industrial applications
- Efficient working with shortcut keys for programming
- Special automatic functions for complex stitch types
- Excellent solutions for team work in big companies
The optimal solution from individual embroiders to large embroidery companies. Minimizes your preparation time by using auto-digitize or loading names via ring buffer.
BasePac is easy to learn and ideal for beginners.
- Intuitive usage thanks to Windows-based layout
- Integrated workflow-solution for team names
- Comprehensive monogram function
The high-end solution for users with highly professional requirements. The program convinces with its wide range of functions and enables fast and efficient work. EPCwin also offers special features for smart textiles and technical embroidery.
Create, edit and manage your own embroidery files or foreign formats. BasePac is the optimal software in all areas of industrial embroidery for beginners, advanced or experts. Thanks to its intuitive user interface it is easy to learn.